Ideas for activities to do at home with children on holiday
Every time the children go on holiday, parents think about what to do during those weeks with the children all day long, even more so when for different circumstances they don't go on a trip and stay at home.
Thinking of supporting the creativity of parents of our expat kids in Eindhoven, today I, nueva expat mama decided to make a list of ideas of activities that can be done at home with the children.
So here we go 3, 2, 1....
1. Arts and Crafts: Arts and crafts are a great way to keep our expat kids in Eindhoven entertained and engaged during the holidays. You can set up a craft station with supplies like paper, glue, markers, and other materials. Have your kids create their own art projects or follow along with a tutorial.
2. Baking: Baking is a fun activity that our Expat kids in Eindhoven can do with their parents. Have your kids help you make cookies, cupcakes, or other treats. They can measure out ingredients, mix them together, and decorate the finished product.
3. Outdoor Activities: Get our Expat kids in Eindhoven outside and active during the holidays. Have them go on a nature walk, play tag, or have a water balloon fight. You can also set up an obstacle course in your backyard or have a scavenger hunt.
4. Movie Night: Have a movie night with our Expat kids in Eindhoven. Pop some popcorn, make some snacks, and pick out a movie. You can also have a movie marathon and watch a few movies in a row.
5. Board Games: Board games are a great way to keep our Expat kids in Eindhoven entertained. Have your kids pick out a few of their favorite board games and play them together. You can also make up your own board games or play classic games like Monopoly or Scrabble.
6. Reading: Encourage our Expat kids in Eindhoven to read during the holidays. Have them pick out a few books and read them together. You can also have them read aloud to you or have them read to their siblings.
7. Science Experiments: Science experiments are a great way to keep our Expat kids in Eindhoven engaged and learning during the holidays. You can find simple experiments online or create your own. Have your kids record their observations and discuss what they learned.
8. Indoor Camping: Set up a tent in your living room and have an indoor camping night. Have our Expat kids in Eindhoven bring their sleeping bags and flashlights and tell stories around the campfire. You can also make s’mores or have a sing-along.
9. Having a picnic in the garden at home: Making a picnic at the garden at home with our Expat kids in Eindhoven can be a fun and creative activity. First, you'll need to decide what kind of food you want to bring. You can make sandwiches, salads, or even a simple snack like popcorn or chips. You can also bring some drinks like juice or lemonade.
Next, you'll need to gather the supplies you need for the picnic. This could include a blanket, plates, cups, napkins, and utensils. You can also bring some toys or games to play with.
Once you have everything ready, you can set up the picnic in the garden. Make sure to pick a spot that is comfortable and safe for the kids. You can also decorate the area with some colorful streamers or balloons.
Finally, enjoy your picnic with the kids! Have fun playing games, eating snacks, and spending time together.
I hope you like all my recommendations and you can do and have amazing time and memories with our Expat Kids in Eindhoven. Enjoy the Holidays and see you next recommendations :) Remember, always have courage and always be kind,